Sibawayh Repository for Arabic Language Processing
Language resources and tools for the Arabic language are important for the improvement of Arabic natural language processing. Currently, this information is scattered in various laboratory and research centers. Sibawayh site is a first step to centralize all the work on the resources and applications around the Arabic NLP and thereafter provides a reference for researchers, universities, industry and interested in Arabic culture.
You developed a new Arabic morphological analyser, you developed a new Arabic corpus, or you created a new team working on Arabic NLP . you want the community to know it. Post this information on this site.
Therefore, we invite all interested people to post any information dealing with Arabic language processing in this repository site in order to share it with the community. No subscription are needed for this purpose.
We don't ask people to submit their research publications. We provide everyone with a form (called a .post.) in which you indicate the title of your work, its category (morphology, search engine, machine translation, etc.), a corresponding description, and a corresponding website and email in case others need more information on that work. The post is then published in this repository site and indexed from its category.
Sibawayh groups posts in the following categories. Every category contains sub-categories:
- Resources: central component of the linguistic infrastructure (Corpora, Dictionary, Ontology, etc.)
- Basic layers: building blocks that could be used by applications dealing with the Arabic language (Morphological, Syntax, etc.)
- Applications: around the Arabic NLP (MT, IR, QA, .)
- Teams: research groups working on Arabic NLP
Main functionalities :
- Submit a post in one of the categories, the post is in draft version pending the release by the Webmaster (by clicking on the .Submit a post. , top-left of this site)
- Comment a post
- Subscribe to a newsletter periodically generated
- Subscribe to RSS feed to be notified of changes of the site (adding a post, modification of a post .)
- View the archives (which are monthly organized)
Searching the site :
You can search the content of the site in the following way. The menu on the left of this website organizes posts by:
- Category: you click on the category that interests you (the number next to the category indicates the number of posts within the category) and you see all corresponding posts
- Last Articles: to see the five last submitted posts
- Archives: to see all articles of a given month